The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The criteria for accepting the award varied quite a bit. So, I decided to combine some of each of the expectations.
For one, I was to give a list of 11 random facts about me. So here goes with that:
1. I read an average of 125 books each year. As I finish each book, I list it by title, author, date completed, and a little comment in a notebook. Eventually I transfer this information to my computer in alphabetical order by title. With all the great reading available -- and so little time! -- it frustrates me if I end up reading the same book twice.
2. I earned my Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree with an Emphasis in Photography at the age of 45. Being in the art field at that age was a bit intimidating. My professors considered me safe and conservative. Well, no wonder -- I was an old lady! I ended up graduating magna cum laude, so I couldn't have been TOO bad!
3. On March 27, 2009, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had a bilateral mastectomy, followed by six months of chemotherapy. I am now about a 3 1/2 year survivor.
4. In 2005, I met Josh Groban. I even hugged him, shook his hand, and had my photo taken with him. A very thrilling evening. My friend, Cynthia, joined me in this honor.
5. I have never tasted coffee in my life. Why break a record now, after all this time?
6. I sold a painting to my Social Studies teacher when I was a sophomore in high school. He paid me $15 for it! I was thrilled out of my mind!
7. I have experienced both hypnotism and acupuncture. Neither was a big deal.
8. I don't watch TV. I admit to being a Gleek, and have never missed an episode <of Glee>, but I watch it on the Internet.
9. I have driven a Jeep since 1986. Not the same one, of course.
10. We built our dream house in 1998. My husband and I still live there -- and LOVE it! We built in a very nice black & white darkroom for me. Since going digital, I have converted it into a very messy paper crafting room. My youngest daughter thinks that is a waste.
11. I love being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!
For the criteria of Award #2, I would like to present the Liebster Award to five of my fellow bloggers:
Lynette at mystampingaddiction.blogspot.com
Kerry at kbpapercraft.blogspot.com
Paula at stampinwithpaula.com
Allison at nicepeoplestamp.blogspot.com
Jen at throughmycreativemind.blogspot.com
Congratulations, girls! I am so pleased to pass the Liebster Award on to you.
Thank You tag created in MDS.