As you all know, I have become a fiend when it comes to Gelli Plate printing.
I shared my first batch of experiments with you in THIS POST and then I thrilled you with my second installation of my joys of Gelli Printing series HERE.
A few of you have asked me what I plan to do with the many many prints I have been producing. At this point, I'm still not positive. But I thought I'd better try SOMEthing at least. Most of the prints I've been making and am half satisfied with have been done with my 3" x 5" Gelli Plate, so the prints are fairly small.
This yellow polka dots on pink print silently begged me to turn it into a card. So, that's just what I did. It's probably not the best use for something that took so many pulls and layers. But, I like how it turned out nevertheless.
|GELLI PRINT CARD|
In Black Tuxedo Memento Ink, I stamped the daisy-like flower and butterfly. I then added color to the images with my Copic Markers. After that, I fussy cut the images out and adhered them to the Gelli background.
To carry the black of the stamped images into the card a bit more, I added black dots here and there with a Sakura Pigma pen.
I debated whether I should add it or not, but I ended up putting a perky little hemp bow on the stem of the flower. It seemed just a little naked without it.
I also added a few paper dots to the right of the sentiment to complement the dots in the background, but also to echo the brightness of the colors in the coloring and card base.
The card is small in size: just 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".
The bright sunlight today made it quite a challenge to get colors that are properly saturated. Working with Photoshop, I did the best I could. The colors are actually much more vibrant than they appear in these photos. If you are Stampin' Up! aficionados, the colors of cardstock I used are Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry.