Have I mentioned how much fun I am having with the Stampin' Up! online class, The Basics? Oh yeah, I think I have mentioned it. There is just something so wonderful about having my homework to look forward to doing at the end of a long, hectic day.
This next batch of four projects continues with learning the ins an outs of using the trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig in the first three, then moving onto a new technique in the fourth.
This particular project called for the Natural Composition Specialty paper found on page 162. I, however, do not have that paper, so guess what!? I made my own! Of course, it doesn't look like the DSP, but it was close enough that it substituted nicely in this project.
And then, I also do not have the Field Flowers set called for in the project supplies. So I dug out an old set featuring a lilac branch that allowed me to do the technique perfectly.
Next up is what I consider my favorite creation from this online class thus far. Looking lots different from the class sample, I am very HAPPY with the results. Lacking the called-for supplies, well, you know . . .
Being able -- and willing -- to substitute is part of the beauty of this online class. You still work through the "problem" of the technique assigned, but you don't need to buy a whole lot of supplies, simply using what you already have and being a little creative. Very satisfying indeed. And, besides that, I am able to resurrect some of my retired supplies that still have a little place in my heart, but I haven't used in awhile.
If you're a regular reader of Paper Seedlings, you have already been introduced to this little "poor thing". I asked you in this post http://www.paperseedlings.com/2013/03/can-this-poor-thing-be-saved.html if you thought it could be saved.
I struggled with this assignment so terribly, and I am still not happy with my results.
After we finished the Stamp-a-ma-jig lesson, we moved on to a technique I usually thoroughly enjoy, but <too> often forget about. It was really nice to have this little reminder chapter on what all you can do with masking.
Unfortunately, once again I was lacking the Tea Lace Paper Doilies called for, so I made my own doily using the Paper Doily Sizzlits L in my Big Shot. I, of course, also switched up a few other elements, and was happy with my own creation.
Each day as I finish my homework, I am sorely tempted to sneak on to the next lesson. But, I manage to control myself. After all, I vowed to do merely one project each day so the online class lasts me 34 days.
I LOVE IT!